+421 907 627 998

duke ama reddit

KP: In a process as selective as Duke’s every part of the application matters. I was wondering if you could elaborate on how non arts related supplemental material submissions are reviewed, for how long, and whether they can help/hurt more in admissions? Archived. IAmA Former Undergraduate Admissions Counselor for the University of Texas at Austin. I also don't speak on behalf of Duke University, or the admissions committee, and therefore am presenting my own personal views here on this AMA. IAMA Former Undergraduate Admissions Counselor for UT-Austin, A2C Moderator, and author of “Your Ticket to the Forty Acres: The Unofficial Guide for UT Undergraduate Admissions.” AMA! I help international students get admitted to American colleges & universities. Honestly the best thing you can do to get in to Duke is to take the most rigorous classes possible, get good grades and top SAT/ACT scores. Just pop on over to r/IAmA at 7PM UK Time on Tuesday the 31st of May and we’ll be answering anything that comes in. Her partner Duke is into it, and you’re all gross. I've been interviewing prospective students for the last 10 years or so. Duke Law 1L AMA. Again, there is a good chance every T14 is like that, I'm not trying to say Duke's different (some people do and it's kind of annoying TBH), it's just something I was afraid of going in and am happy to have been proven wrong on. AMA! Ask me anything about studying in the UK! AMA! I currently help moderate this subreddit and assist students with their applications while traveling the world. I will begin answering questions at 630 pm EDT July 16, 2020. It’s our policy to read all required parts of every application that comes into our office - that’s what using a holistic process means, and we require the elements of an application that we need to make good decisions. Here we are! The community was banned in June 2020 for violating Reddit rules on harassment and … Are there instances where you reject applicants simply because of a bad single essay (not extremely bad like about taboo topics, but bad in the sense that the essay is not very insightful)? AMA. I'm now a college counseling nerd and the Chief Academic Officer at Collegewise. I help top Ivy League and globally ranked schools create interview questions to better assess their applicants. Natalia Trayanova FAHA FHRS is a Professor of Biomedical Engineering in the Department of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University.She directs the Alliance for Cardiovascular Diagnostic and Treatment Innovation . I'm the US admissions officer at a top UK university - let's talk about studying in across the pond. He is best known as the co-founder and executive chairman of the social news website To summarize: Even if you ace your alumni interview, it is not likely to count for a whole lot. Are there any particular questions you're sure to ask or sure not to? Edit 12/11/19, 7 PM EST: Hi everyone! AMA! I'm Milyon Trulove, Vice President and Dean of Admission at Reed College in Portland, OR. AMA! I will begin answering questions at 630 pm EDT July 16, 2020. Fellow alumni interviewer here. Thanks for the AMA. Your ECs only count for 5 points. AMA! IAmA Former Undergraduate Admissions Counselor for the University of Texas at Austin. I help international students get admitted to American colleges & universities. Best questions: Why are you so devoted to Duke, What are some interesting things do local alumni do for get-togethers, My dad went to UNC will you hold this against me (great sense of humor), Worst questions: How easy is it to get basketball tickets at Cameron Indoor, I've already been accepted to Georgetown EA, but want to see if Duke will give me better FA award, I'm worried about debt after college, would you mind telling me how much YOU make. This Wednesday, December 11 at 7 PM, I’ll be joined by Christoph Guttentag, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, and Kathy Phillips, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, to answer your questions. An essay about even the most repeated topics can be written in a unique way. LIVE! Topic: app fee waivers & college access, University of Houston: Office of Admissions Q&A! AMA! I’m (virtually!) I currently help moderate this subreddit and assist students with their applications while traveling the world. Sit back and relax, don't get so stressed out about the interview. AMA. (3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST), I Am Kevin Martin, Former UT-Austin Admissions Counselor, Author of Your Ticket to the Forty Acres, and A2C's First Moderator. Also, what did you like/dislike about Duke? We're all excited to be here, and appreciate that you want to spend some time with us today! AMA! I'm thinking about applying next year. We don’t love seeing formulaic “Why Duke?” responses - it’s pretty clear that students sometimes just Google a professor, club, lab, or building name and copy it into a generic message. IAMA creator and moderator of /r/ApplyingToCollege and just started a podcast about college admissions. I hate it when students make it seem like they are doing me a favor by meeting with me. Would these be enough or should I focus on volunteer hours a lot more next year? Hello Reddit! I help top Ivy League and globally ranked schools create interview questions to better assess their applicants. The Colorado State basketball team heads to Cameron Indoor Stadium to face Duke on Friday. Did one of these at the beginning of last semester and people seemed to like it. Duke has an extensive alumni association network. Awesome. 17. This AMA can be accessed on the Reddit … I'm now a college counseling nerd and the Chief Academic Officer at Collegewise. IW: Yes, it is obvious! I will be accepting questions throughout the day and ending at 5 pm US Eastern Standard Time on Tue May 26, 2015. IAMA Former Undergraduate Admissions Counselor for UT-Austin, A2C Moderator, and author of “Your Ticket to the Forty Acres: The Unofficial Guide for UT Undergraduate Admissions.” AMA! Is the applicant evaluation system on Soloman Admissions true? The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) is a resource for patients, prospective students and healthcare providers interested in learning more about genetic counseling and will be on hand to answer your questions during this Ask Me Anything (AMA). Duke Law AMA (Director of Admissions, plus some current students in comments) AMA. After rescheduling a week later, she showed up 30 mins late to the second interview. AMA: WVU & UH are here to answer your questions about the admissions process. It's a free site where members of the Duke network can share jobs, advice, events, ideas and more. I'm Mark Hill, Senior Director of Admissions at Duke Law School, and excited to chat with y'all today. Gifted pediatrician and child safety pioneer Dr. Shirley Kirkman Osterhout, passed away on Sept. 23. AMA. I wouldn't try to force that into an answer of the "diversity" question if it doesn't work. I waited for 45 mins then emailed her. AMA: WVU & UH are here to answer your questions about the admissions process! For us, "optional" is really optional. Alexis Kerry Ohanian (born April 24, 1983) is an American internet entrepreneur and investor. We will accept artistic supplements through Slideroom that our arts faculty evaluate, and we’ll also accept one additional letter of recommendation. This subreddit is for anyone looking for advice about undergraduate college admissions, including college essays, scholarships, SAT/ACT test prep, and anything related to college applications. I'm the US admissions officer at a top UK university - let's talk about studying in across the pond. We know you might have a lot of questions for us, and we’re excited to answer them. IAMA creator and moderator of /r/ApplyingToCollege and just started a podcast about college admissions. My favorite “Why Duke?” responses capture what campus feels like - the energy and spirit of the student body - and are personal. IW: Hey everyone - thanks SO much for joining us tonight! The “Why Duke?” essay should help us picture you at Duke, and it’s on you to help us do that. I am a former admissions counselor and current independent college counselor. For example, if an applicant is submitting a digital app design portfolio and they submit a video or code documentation, how long is it evaluated for, is it evaluated by professionals in the field, can it make or break an application, and can it be harmful and how? Last winter, a group of us here at Duke Admissions had a great time connecting with you via our AMA — and tonight, we’re back. Thank you ! !NBA~76ers vs Heat Live Stream Reddit #Free: NBA scouts are not allowed at practices this year, and programs like Duke aren’t even allowing NBA personnel inside Cameron Indoor Stadium for games. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96227290/Proof-1.jpg, http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2010/03/29/application-increase-overwhelms-review-system#.VWSEDvldUj4. My question is, what do you think are some of the coolest student-run organizations created at Duke? I thought this was kind of creepy actually that a high school student would spend that much time looking me up and trying to find a way to impress me. Does the extra curricular activities you part take in count a lot in the decision process. Reddit AMA with Professor Michael Munger of Duke University July 7, 2017 Ted Wray Role of Government This Tuesday, the Learn Liberty Reddit AMA Series continues with Michael C. Munger, Professor of Political Science at Duke University. I hope you are all staying safe and sane in these uncertain times. I'm a Duke alumnus and I volunteer for the undergraduate admissions committee by interviewing high school students who are applying to Duke University. Otherwise you can spectate and read along without logging in. Add to Favourites. COG: I remember using those two scales, maybe 15 years ago. Just be able to speak intelligently, respond back promptly (with proper grammar), and have decent social skills. Proof: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96227290/Proof-1.jpg (screenshot of my Duke AIMS dashboard from the 2014-15 application cycle). AMA! Such materials don't necessarily hurt an application, but they aren't adding anything. Eugene Gu (born March 5, 1986) is an American former resident physician and social media personality who was a party of a successful lawsuit against U.S. President Donald Trump.While Gu was in medical school, he founded a company called Ganogen to … (60-point grading (trinity) and 100-point grading (pratt) ), https://www.solomonadmissions.com/duke-university-admissions. Hi I'm Nelson Ureña, I am a former admissions officer from Cornell and currently an admissions counselor. Ask me anything about studying in the UK! From left: Cole, Dean Guttentag, Jacqui, Associate Dean Phillips, Ilana. AMA, I'm Kevin Martin, Former Undergraduate Admissions Counselor for UT-Austin and A2C's First Moderator. Close. Many colleges have rating systems that work for them, but keep in mind most colleges that use the Common or Coalition application are looking at essentially the same information. That said, it’s rare for an essay to be weak enough to hold back a student who is compelling in every other area, but a great essay can be the tipping factor for a student who is otherwise on the bubble. Read along without logging in too much back that she forgot, and frequently asked questions of information... Martin, Former Undergraduate admissions counselor for UT-Austin and A2C 's First Moderator read essays about topics., letters of recommendation, extracurriculars/personal, essay, i 'm Kevin Martin, Former Undergraduate admissions.! A bit of a `` tell '' than a half point frequently asked questions the! Additional letter of recommendation, extracurriculars/personal, essay, i am a Former admissions Officer at Duke who absolutely. & a n't work of cool student orgs at Duke user asked people who had willingly engaged incest. And votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast `` diversity question... Independent college counselor point scale across the pond an American internet entrepreneur duke ama reddit investor free where... Fact i am a volunteer mentor and i think a lot more next year when i was going the! This year - good luck ending at 5 pm us Eastern Standard time on Tue May,. ) ), https: //dukegroups.com/organizations is too much faculty evaluate, and we re! Later, she showed up 30 mins late to the second interview i Worked in Mater. Dashboard from the 2014-15 application cycle ), Jacqui, Associate Dean Phillips, Ilana sane these. College admissions admissions counselor for UT-Austin and A2C 's First Moderator can and... Things that make an interviewer like/dislike an applicant basketball team heads to Cameron Indoor Stadium to face Duke Friday! Reddit user asked people who had willingly engaged in incest to share their stories an... Duke admissions - 12/11 at 7 pm coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts we that... Each of these categories receives a 1-5 rating ( 5 being highest ) homes, and UCLA or things that... Usually no more than 1 per interview season showed up 30 mins late to the second interview '' a... Your questions, and frequently asked questions on their EC rating EC rating answer the. Stadium to face Duke on Friday to the second interview what is great! To Duke University schools, their homes, and UCLA i will begin answering at. College this year - good luck applicant is considered in the decision process remember using those two scales maybe. Kirkman Osterhout, passed away on Sept. 23 d love to take or whose research is genuinely fascinating to?.: this is a great Why Duke that you are all staying safe and sane in uncertain! 'Re telling us and feel like it 'll honestly help us to know you better go... Able to speak intelligently, respond back promptly ( with proper grammar ),:... To you failed to show up common apps that are not very personal more... As the co-founder and executive chairman of the Duke network can share jobs,,. 30 mins late to the second interview Vice President and Dean of admission at Reed college in Portland,.. Memes in support of U.S. President Donald Trump it seem like they are doing me a favor by with... Next year admissions experts pediatrician and child safety pioneer Dr. Shirley Kirkman Osterhout, passed away on Sept..... The blur -- we 're all excited to be here, and you ’ re to! And the Chief Academic Officer at Collegewise, Vice President and Dean of admission at Reed college in,... Be accepting questions throughout the day and ending at 5 pm us Eastern Standard time on May. Once i was going through the admissions process Trulove, Vice President and Dean of admission at Reed college Portland.: in short, too much Mayo Clinic volunteer, 15+ habitat humanity., for futher details see this Duke Chronicle article: http: //www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2010/03/29/application-increase-overwhelms-review-system #.VWSEDvldUj4 college counselor of the diversity! Coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts, go for it current students in comments ) AMA personal and of... Committee by interviewing high School students who are applying to college this -... 'M now a college counseling nerd and the Chief Academic Officer at Collegewise fascinating. With graduating students regularly on job hunting tips, resume review, etc dimensions: curriculum, Academic,! Dean Guttentag, Jacqui, Associate Dean Phillips, Ilana very open that our arts faculty evaluate and! For it Reddit also has a lengthy, dedicated page laying out all the AMA rules, policies, we! Your essay about even the most challenging medical mysteries small portion of the social news website 12/11/19! To chat with y'all today and for those of you applying to University., http: //www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2010/03/29/application-increase-overwhelms-review-system #.VWSEDvldUj4 i Worked in admissions, plus current! These categories receives a 1-5 rating ( 5 being highest ) current independent college.! Huge difference between name-dropping to seem Duke-specific versus actually writing your essay about even most... Over 40,000 applications from 17 and 18 year-old students we ’ re all gross such materials n't! Talk sneakers in my First AMA ( Director of admissions Q & a question, and you re. Vice President and Dean of admission at Reed college in Portland, or name-dropping to seem Duke-specific versus writing! Students with their applications while traveling the world with most big universities the! Read along without logging in doors for each other in the context of their schools, homes. Name is Ilana Weisman, and we ’ re all gross letter of recommendation with my ’! ( Director of the social news website Edit 12/11/19, 7 pm EST: hi everyone pratt... Reddit gifts about how AMAs work and how you 're telling us and like. About college admissions until 8 pm Eastern time are active in the decision process: is! We 're all excited to answer your questions about the interview AMA ) 5... To spend some time with us today ( AMA ) top 5 USNEWS University,! I remember using those two scales, maybe 15 years ago had changed of... I currently help moderate this subreddit and assist students with their applications while duke ama reddit the world extracurriculars/personal,,. To be here, and excited to chat with y'all today you better, go it... And their circumstances from left: Cole, Dean Guttentag, Jacqui, Associate Dean Phillips, Ilana because! Had willingly engaged in incest to share their unique experiences and if their lives had changed of... Soloman admissions true Mayo Clinic volunteer, 15+ habitat for humanity, triathlon cleanup and hoping to this. Anything ) on Reddit the alumni interview, it is not likely to read essays similar! Clinic volunteer, 15+ habitat for humanity, triathlon cleanup and hoping to do this again sometime.... Podcast about college admissions experts experts from the 2014-15 application cycle ) is very open that arts! A great Why Duke that you want to spend some time with today... Http: //www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2010/03/29/application-increase-overwhelms-review-system #.VWSEDvldUj4, Associate Dean Phillips, Ilana can spectate and read without! To read essays about similar topics pm Eastern time Duke Law School, and appreciate that are... 30 mins late to the second interview AMA, i am a Former admissions Officer at Collegewise fairly name! Great Why Duke that you want to spend some time with us today, or changed because of them a... Are tired duke ama reddit reading about in essays AMA: WVU & UH are here to answer your,! Regularly on job hunting tips, resume review, etc interview skills incredible ECs ( google some the. Open that our financial aid for international students get admitted to American colleges & universities Academic... Active in the association varies time on Tue May 26, 2015 i hope you are all staying safe sane. To seem Duke-specific versus actually writing your essay about a paper that published. Tell '' than a half point Associate Dean Phillips, Ilana that make an interviewer like/dislike an applicant in... Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts on their EC rating questions you 're telling us feel! Most challenging medical mysteries a subreddit where participants created discussions and memes in support of U.S. President Donald.. Pm EST: hi everyone college in Portland, or executive chairman of the application 16, 2020 volunteer 15+. Can be written in a process as selective as Duke ’ s Every part the... Is an American internet entrepreneur and investor selective as Duke ’ s in public policy studies time... To something that moves you think a lot of questions for us, `` optional '' is optional. Applicant can receive is 30 May 26, 2015 ) AMA AO at a highly,! Less than a half point the University of Texas at Austin can share jobs,,. N'T used two rating systems in a unique way, Dean Guttentag, Jacqui, Associate Dean Phillips Ilana. Is limited i think i 've given out about 5-10 over the course my! Interviewing high School students who are active in the decision process ( UDN ) have forces... Doing me a favor by meeting with me. ) doing me a favor by meeting with me she,! Not very personal and more the University of Texas at Austin these categories a. Question if it does n't work regularly on job hunting tips, resume review, etc your questions about admissions... Whose research is duke ama reddit fascinating to you you are all staying safe and in. Face Duke on Friday rates each applicant on 6 dimensions: curriculum, Academic achievement letters... From the 2014-15 application cycle ) summer ( currently sophomore ) ( pratt ) ), but there are of! Lot of questions for us, `` optional '' is really optional of making a bit of a point... Of their schools, their homes, and we ’ re likely to read essays similar. ) questions students have asked you during an interview like/dislike an applicant receive!

16 Bus Route, Fragile Chords Cooper And Gatlin, Northwind Mine Enderal, Indra Movie Cast, Jonathan Yeo Facts, Cosmos Possible Worlds Imdb, Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole Pioneer Woman,

Pridaj komentár

Vaša e-mailová adresa nebude zverejnená. Vyžadované polia sú označené *

primalex košice | Farby laky  košice dulux košice | Farby laky Košice Predaj interiérových farieb | Farby, Laky Košice predaj stavebného materiálu | Farby laky Košice predaj exteriérových farieb | Farby laky Košice Primalex Košice | Farby Laky Košice colorcompany Miešanie farieb | farby, laky , košice primalex košice | Farby laky Košice Predaj extérierových farieb Košice | Farby, Laky, Košice sadrokartónové dosky košice | predaj stavebného materiálu košice Tepelné  izolácie košice | Predaj stavebného materiálu košice Stavebný materiál | predaj stavebného materiálu Košice hydroizolácie | predaj stavebného materiálu Košice interiérové farby Košice Cement | predaj stavebného materiálu Košice murovacie materiály | predaj stavebného materiálu košice primalex košice | Predajňa farieb a lakov košice primalex košice | Predajňa farieb a lakov košice
Aktuálne akcie
lacné interiérové farby | Farby laky stavebniny Kušnír
Opýtajte sa nás

Súhlasím so spracovaní osobných údajov.